Prep work (done in 5 minutes)
(1) Sign up for TK as a student
This is super fast, and we'll do a pre-check of your application to make sure everything is in order.
(2) We send you the visa letter (proof of future health insurance coverage) within 24h
Get official confirmation letter that you can show to the visa office by email within 24 hours - you can just print this out and it works for the visa.
Things to do after arriving in Germany
(1) Get a German bank account, and submit your SEPA mandate
You can open a bank account with N26 in just 8 minutes below. Then submit the SEPA mandate in your popsure account.
(2) Upload your Immatrikulationsbescheinigung
It might not look exactly like the one below, but you probably know what this is and already have it as you're applying as a student.
(3) Take the letter from TK to your university to sign, and upload a photo of it
This needs to be filled out by your university as final confirmation that you are indeed eligible for TK. Important: Be sure to also take long your "visa letter" or "proof of future health insurance coverage" along too.
(4) Let us know your address in Germany, so we can send you the health card
Finally let us know you address - we'll need to know this so we know where to post your health insurance card from TK.