Reasons why:

  • You may be self-employed person from a Non-European Union country (e.g. United States)
  • You may have a "mini-job" with just a few hours that doesn't require your employer to cover you. 
  • You may be a student over 30 years old.  

Here are your other options: 

Expat health insurance 

  • Accepted as proof of insurance for your first visa application.
  • 72 euros/month, cancel anytime.
  • Accident and emergency coverage only. 

We only recommend this if you are young, healthy and you will try for public insurance again when your situation changes. We do not recommend staying on this policy for long (max duration 5 years).

Private health insurance 

  • Excellent long-term comprehensive healthcare.
  • Compliant with all visa office requirements.
  • Starting at 150 euros/month. 

Private health insurance isn't for everyone, but it can make sense in certain cases. Book an appointment below to learn more.  

Did this answer your question?